Join us at MAEPS Serdang
Malaysia Autonomous Vehicle Challenge
Proposal Submission by:
12th Oct 2018
19th Oct 2018
17th – 18th Nov 2018
15 – 16th Dec 2018
11th – 14th April 2019
(in alphabetical order)
SAE Malaysia and International Islamic University Malaysia (IIUM) under the Malaysia Automotive Robotics and IoT Institute (MARii) patronage will proudly organize the Malaysia Autonomous Vehicle Challenge 2019 (MAVeC’19). MAVeC’19 is the first Autonomous Vehicle (AV)-based technology competition in Malaysia with an ambitious target to achieve high automation which focuses on system integration and AV smart behaviours such as Speedway (LDWS-Lane Keeping), Urban Drive (FCWS-Traffic Assist) and Parking (AVM-based system). MAVeC’19 is a 2-year collegiate competition and aims to be the leading automotive competition for the development towards the enhancement of sustainability in the automotive industry.
1. To give exposure and create awareness on AV technology to the younger generation and the society.
2. To provide an exciting and challenging opportunities for engineering students to expand their skills in solving real life problems and enhance their competitiveness in the automotive industry.
3. To build and implement STEM compatible competition that demonstrates full autonomous driving through a phased approach including detection, categorisation and full autonomous operation.
1. Each participating team is required to register before the deadline (12th October 2018 11.59 pm).
2. To register, the team must complete the online registration form and submit scanned copies of their Student Card of all team members (front and back) to MAVeC’19 website (will be informed later). The proposal is saved with the following subject title: “ID Verification_Team Name_Date of Submission”. Kindly save the scanned copies in a folder in the following format: Team Name_.
3. Each team should be composed maximum of 4 participants (maximum of 2 postgraduate students and the others are undergraduate student) and 1 supervisor (lecturer). All of the team members need to be in the same institution. A university/college may submit more than 1 team registration. One supervisor can represent one team only.
4. Participating competitors must be full-time students registered in a Malaysian university/college and must still be enrolled at the time of the competition which is from the start of 1st stage competition until the 2nd stage competition. Students who have graduated during 6 months period prior to the competition remain eligible to participate.
5. The team members for the 2nd stage competition must be of the same team members which are selected in the 1st stage competition.
6. Only these 4 registered students, under the responsibility of their supervisor, will be allowed to participate to the competition days (if the team is selected after the pre-selection phase). Change of team members are not allowed unless there is valid reason, it should be proposed and justified to the organisers for approval.
MARii: Malaysia Automotive Robotics and IoT Institute or MARii is an agency under the Ministry of International Trade and Industry (MITI) of Malaysia, serving as the focal point, coordination centre and think tank for the nation’s automotive industry. MAI functions to enhance technology, human capital, supply chain, market outreach and aftersales capabilities of all automotive stakeholders and ecosystems.
SAE: Society of Automotive Engineers (SAE) International is a global body of scientists, engineers, and practitioners that advances self-propelled vehicle and system knowledge in a neutral forum for the benefit of society. SAE Malaysia or SAEM is a non-profit engineering and scientific society dedicated to the advancement of mobility industry in Malaysia. It is recognized as SAE International section in Malaysia.
Top 10 teams from Stage 2 will enrol in a 2-Day Workshop for technical evaluation and better development of their AV systems.
The TurtleBot3 Burger will be provided for each team.
Date: 15 – 16th Dec 2018 [updated]
Venue: IIUM, Gombak
Competition for the Autobot challenge on a designated field track. 4 challenges in the designated game field track: Traffic light, parking, automatic lane barrier, and tunnel.
It is aimed that all Autobot can work and run properly.Winners are chosen by the accumulation of points in terms of design, cost, AV software and the ability to finish the challenge in the shortest time.
Date: 11th – 14th April 2019 [updated]
Venue: MAEPS Serdang [updated]
Detailed information of the track is in the Rules and Regulation (PDF)
– archived details of the previous completed stages –
click the tab to view
Rules and Regulations (Stage 1):-
|Project Description||/ 10 pts|
|Questions 1 – 3||/ 35 pts|
|Motivation and Skills||/ 5 pts|
|Total||/ 50 pts|
20 selected teams will present in front of the judges during.
The judges for presentation will comprise of academician and industrial panels to expose the participants to industrial standards.
Date: 17th – 18th November 2018
Venue: MAI, Cyberjaya
Contact us, either thru the form below or simply email: mavec19[at]saemaaysia.org.my